I love this song cause it means to break away from the norm of society. While jazz is a pretty big step away from the popular music, this tune steps away from jazz and pop music even more by using an unusual time signature, long flowing melodies, etc. Man, if I could go back for a day to high school jazz, this is one of the many songs I would love to play again.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Time for a Change
I love this song by Hank Levy. It's a difficult jazz tune to play, but if played well, it sounds so good. It's like the sky turning different shades of red and blue to signal the sunset, like a good cone of ice cream, or like if Princess Diana came back to life. (Well, maybe not the last one.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What is the song called? I really like it too. Very soothing. Great rhythm.
Post a Comment